Fate/Eternal Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ THIS: INTRO

Go down

READ THIS: INTRO Empty READ THIS: INTRO

Post by CorenKeitaro Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Okay, so here's the basic intro for the War, from the perspective of one of our NPCs. It is very important to note that the introduction of Ceceila and Wyatt are already selected, so you'll have to wait for their proper summoning. It shouldn't be too long, at the very least.
In the meantime, read this; it should give you some insight into one of your opponents and maybe you'll be able to find something exploitable.
Oh, and this was also written by the same guy who did Wyatt's character sheet. Just so you know.

1 Day before the start of the War.

“Goodbye Rin” Says the bearded man, in his grave voice. “Do be a good girl for me.”
I answer with a polite “yes” before the man stops patting my head.
…and so that was it. If I’d known that that would have been our last moment together, I would’ve used my best jokes. I’m sure if I’d really tried I could put a smile on his serious face.
But he has a war to fight. Not a war between countries but a war between people; a fight to the death. I think that even then he was aware his time was soon. How sad, what kind of last words between a father and his daughter are “Be good” and “yes”?
*Brrring, Brrring*
Something is Ringing
“Shut up, stop it.”
*Brrring Brrring*
The sound doesn’t stop, what a bother.
“Oh come on, I was up late last night, so… Zzzz”
*Brrring Brrring*
It should let me sleep in longer.
No, it must let me sleep in longer. I’ve used all my magical energy last night translating father’s will. I have no energy left, so “WHY ARE YOU STILL RINGING”.
*Brrring Brrring*
It seems like the alarm clock doesn’t speak my language, how sad. Imagine where we could be in this world if we could speak the language of clocks.
It could have just been the exhaustion, but I could have sworn that the alarm clock stopped ringing, and stated to say “You’re going to be late Ms. Tohsaka”
Silly alarm clock, we have known each other for years, just call me Rin already.
Wait, late? Late for what? Being late is bad…
Staring at the alarm clock blankly, I raise my hand and shut it off.
“Seven o’ clock already?”
And so my day begins. I set off for school with the elegance expected from one of the Tohsaka family.
Ours is an ancient family, and I come from a long line of sorcerers. Don’t get any funny ideas like abracadabra or whatever, I’m talking serious blood magic. You might ask “Why in the world would an experienced mage go to school?”
Well that certainly is a question. You see, we as magi are heretics, in the nicest sense of the word. Hunted by the church we need to keep our magic a secret, so nobody bothers with things like flying around on broomsticks or makings magical star wands.
As I walk out from the school, the quiet air about town bothers me. For 7:30, there’s nobody around. No kids to their way to school, no adults doing whatever they do.
Perhaps everyone slept in today. Was there a holiday today? No, if there was I’m sure I would have known about it. I may have a bit of an unlucky streak, but I am certainly not tardy.
But… even so. It’s strange that I haven’t even seen one student so far. At seven thirty the school should be filled with students travel to their classes. But I’m the only one at the gates, and the morning clubs are just getting ready for practice. So the only explanation is…
My clock has betrayed me, waking me up an hour early, GRAAAAAGH.
And on such an important day today! I need all the magical energy I can get! Today is the day that I…
No, I must remain calm. Such an outburst would disgrace my family name. I must continue on through the day and mentally prepare myself for the upcoming challenge.
The day proves to be uneventful. I preform as expected and the day slowly passes me by.
With school now finished, I make my way back home. My mask removed, I am no longer the honor student, but a powerful Magus. I return home, checking my boundary field around the house to make sure nobody got in. There isn’t much need to d this, nobody ever bothers going near the “Haunted Mansion”. No robbers, stray cats, bums… not even my neighbors come to say hi.
Not that it bothers me, but not even a stray cat? Are they too good for m- no, focus.
I walk into the house and am greeted by the blinking light of the answering machine. Who in the world would call m- oh.
It’s the priest, she keeps calling to make sure I’m not forgetting to summon my servant. Luckily, I intend to do that tonight. Even though I know what she’ll say, I still have to answer otherwise she’ll be angry.
Suppressing a shudder at the thought, I press the *play* button.
“Rin, the deadline is fast approaching. There are only three seats remaining; if you do not summon your servant soon I will be forced into action.
If you desire to forfeit your right as a master then please make me aware of this. It will take me some time to find a replacement.”
Liar, I bet you’ve already got fifty spare magi waiting to take my spot. It wouldn’t be a problem for you.
“If you value your life you will either summon your servant now or you will flee to the church.”
Jeez, and you wonder why your church is empty on Sundays.
Regardless, my preparations must begin. This is as far as the deadline can be extended, but luckily I decoded father’s will last night, so I’m ready.
The Holy Grail War, a fight to the death between masters. Not exactly a walk in the park. If I’m to participate I need a servant…
This won’t be like summoning a familiar, this is going to be on an entirely different level.
“Really father, you couldn’t have left me something to connect to a saber with?”
I don’t really have anything I can use as a catalyst. Servants are heroic spirits of the past, and summoning across the boundaries of time and space requires something that can connect to them. It could be an object, like a famous sword, or it could be your blood if you come from a famous line.
But I have nothing, so I’ll just have to wing it. When you have no catalyst the grail chooses for you, picking a servant that matches your inner-being the best. Surely and heroic spirit compatible with a member of the Tohsaka family must be the most powerful of them all!
*************************************************************************************
Late at night, the clock is about to strike two. The peak of my magical energy is at two in the morning, so this is the best possible time to summon. Since this is my first and last chance, I can’t afford to make any mistakes; I need to be at my absolute best.
“The runes are engraved, the circle…”
Normally, the more powerful the familiar the larger the circle would have to be. If this were a traditional summoning then a being on the level of a servant would require me to paint the whole town, and I really don’t have the gems for that.
But this isn’t a traditional summoning, the Holy Grail is doing most of the work. The only responsibility I have is to make sure the servant has enough magical energy to appear, and then bind it to me with the command seals. This will happen in the blink of an eye, but if I get anything wrong…
Still, I continue with perfect focus. I draw out the magical circle, normally written in blood, with my melted gemstones. I’m using half the family jewels for this ritual, so I can’t fail for financial reasons too. Luckily the spell should be empowered by these, and my servant should be unstoppable.
“Mwahahah!”
Well, I didn’t really say that. But it always looks so much fun. I’m much to focused to do something like that anyways.
“Anfang”
I feel my magical energy pouring out as the formless switch inside me clicks.
From this moment on, Rin Tohsaka is no longer human. I am merely a tool to attain the mystic power.
I can feel my very blood tingle with power and magic. Like electricity flowing through a circuit. If I were to fail here, I would certainly die.
The power crackle, and it feels like knives are being pushed into my back. Knives into my hands. Knives into my nerves.
This is magic, something not meant for human bodies. I am defying the will of the earth itself, and I am paying the price. But this is what power demands.
Just as I begin to lose myself within that pain I can feel the grail within me.
“Fill fill fill fill fill”, “Repeat five times and destroy when filled.”
“Foundation of stone and silver and the archduke of contracts, and my grandmaster ancestor Schweinorg.” My voice begins to give, the voice coming from my mouth is no longer mine.
“A wall to block the falling wind”
“The gates of all four directions close”
“From the crown, Come forth and follow the forked road to the kingdom”
“I hereby propose, My will shall become the body.”
“And thy sword shall become my fate”
“Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail”
Suddenly, I feel it. That terrible feeling right before my terrible luck kicks in. I always mess up one important detail right when it really matters.
“If thou dost accede to this will and reason, answer me!”
The magical energy pouring out from the circle is beautiful. Like a small storm of blue wind swirling in a vortex.
“Thou, clad with the great trinity come forth from the circle of great constraint!”
The power is increasing in intensity. The force of it is starting to push me backwards.
“Guardian of the Heavenly Scales!”
Now exactly two o’ clock, everything is going perfectly. The ritual surges with blinding power, so why am I still feeling this way?
My voice returns to me as I close my eyes
“Perfect!” Everything is perfect, I’ve summoned saber, the strongest class for sure!
Once my vision returns, before me shall stand a noble knight, ready to fight by my side for the grail!

Nothing
There is no one in front of me.
“why”
The ritual was a complete failure.
“Why?!”
*BANG* an explosion from the living room.
And on top of that, my house is explodinging.
"WHY!!!?"
Without a second thought, I turn on my heels and run up the stairs. The door of the living room was apparently intact but the frame and the surrounding walls were blackened and burnt distinctively outwards. Without even pausing, I kick through the door into the living room.
The instant I walk into the room, I understand.
The living room is a complete mess and is completely unrecognizable. Broken furniture is laying everywhere and even some plaster from the ceiling has fallen down. The wall clock, fallen to the floor, has miraculously escaped unscathed and continues to taunt me with constant tick-tocks.
The Clock
THE CLOCK
AHHHHHHHH
IT WAS AN HOUR EARLY.
“I did it again”…
Mad at my own stupidity, I take a look around, stopping my gaze on the man holding a nine foot lance.

“So what are you?” I say, reaching for the first thought that comes into my head.
“I see I have not been blessed with an observant master” the man says, “I do hope that the other masters will be on the same level.”
There it is, the rage. I have been pushing it back all day, and now it makes itself known.
“Are you my servant?”
“Are you my master?”
That’s a good question, I can’t be overwhelmed forever. I raise my hand, the black marks on my skin are the proof of my title as master.
“The answer to that question should be obvious.”
“Ah, of course. I only ask because I had assumed that I would have been summoned in front of my master. This is quite a… strange summoning.”
“ARE YOU MY SERVANT” I find myself unable to control my volume. Sorry father.
The man turns his full attention to me. A moment passes before he finally remarks “I am.”
“But only in name of course. You are obviously inexperienced, and I intend to do the fighting. You may stay here and provide me with mana while-“
“!?!”
“Angry? I intend to win this war and guide you to victory. Shouldn’t a second rate Magus like you be happy with that result? Anyway, you don’t have to worry about a thing. I’ll guide us to-“
By The power of the command seal.
“W-What?!? Are you?”
I demand the law of obedience to be placed upon my servant
“Are you wasting a command seal? On this? You’re insane!”
You will follow every single one of my orders as I command.
The symbols on my right hand throb. I really wasn’t expecting this. Darn.
My servant glows with a red energy, a sudden “Click” is heard around the room, like the sound of a door locking.
*************************************************************************************
Leaving the living room behind, we’ve made our way to a less destroyed area of the house. My servant ahead of me.
“You’ve wasted the command seal on such a general thing; do you even know how important they are?” The man says with a calm tone unsuited to his words.
“O-of course, they’re absolute orders to control your servant!”
He sighs, “No. The command seal is a spell cast by the Holy Grail meant to force a servant to perform an action. If you were to use one, you could command me to teleport across town to protect you from another servant”
“I-I know that! I still have two more! And that last one I gave you wasn’t useless either!
Again, he sighs. “The command seals force the servant to perform an action. They provide a large amount of extra mana and temporarily increase the power of the servant. Giving a broad order such as “Protect me through this” or “Kill that other servant” is pointless.”
“So then I wasted a command seal?”
“Normally I would say yes. But your abilities as a Magus appear to be on an entirely different level. Even though the seal should have had an insignificant effect, I feel bound to every one of your words.
“Eh?”
“Let me take back what I said before master” he says, “You may be young, but you are an extremely powerful Magus. With powers on your level it would be a mistake to keep you from battle.”
I cough a bit. Embarrassed at the praise even though I wouldn’t deny it. But right now there are more important matters at hand.
“Alright, so what servant are you?”
“I am of the lancer class master”
Of course, I failed the summoning, mistook the time, and summoned the servant to the wrong place. It was all too clumsy to summon saber.
“Such a failure, using that many gemstones and not summoning saber. This is too appalling a blunder to face.”
Lancer doesn’t seem too happy about that. With a frown he remarks “Well I apologize for not wielding a sword master.”
I brush it off of course, my manners would never let me place the blame on him.
“It isn’t your fault, it failed the summoning. As such I suppose not being able to summon the strongest servant is not the worst outcome here.”
“I object master! You are not aware of how lucky you are!”
“eh?”
“I am most certainly the strongest! Even without my memories I am sure that I will defeat any whom I encounter!”
Wait what.
CorenKeitaro
CorenKeitaro
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
READ THIS: INTRO Left_bar_bleue0/0READ THIS: INTRO Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://demigodsanddemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum